cmpany philosophy
Sample northernth Thailand wedding ceremony
Buddhist wedding ceremony
Christian destination weddings
Chiang Mai wedding venues
Thai Wedding enhancements
Thai wedding attire and Thai style wedding dresses
Past Thai wedding photos
Thai wedding legalities for a legal Thai marriage
Lanna wedding qualifications to be your wedding organiser
Clients statements about thai weddings
contact us






Thai Marriage Translation Registration Requirements


This is for people who truly wish to know what the legal stuff is required.

You can also do it by yourself.

1) Get affidavits from your respective embassies.

2) Make photocopies of your passport (Photo and detail page) and arrival card (Stapled in on arrival).

3) Have a translation of affidavits to Thai certified by an approved Foreign Ministry translator.

4) Take the originals and translation and copies of your passport and arrival card to Legalization Division (Which is way out towards the airport!)

Legalization Division
Department of Consular Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
3rd Floor, 123 Chaeng Wattana Road
Tung Song Hong, Laksi District, Bangkok
Tel:(02) 575-1057-8, Fax:(02) 575-1054

5) Fill in a request form and a pay fee of 800B for a next working day or 400 Baht for a 4 or more working day service.

6) Then return to the Legalization Division in 1 or 4 working days respectively to retrieve your finished paperwork.

7) Go to the local amphur to marry, some require translators, but some don't.

8) Get your marriage license translated here in Thailand, as back home is costly and difficult.

9) Some countries require you have the translation certified by the Foreign Ministry so you'll have to go back to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and do it all over again.


I think this gives you an idea why you should leave the paperwork to us if your getting married in Chiang Mai..


*Please note for residents living abroad from their native country, you must get a affidavit from the nation you hold a passport for and have entered Thailand on that passport. (No matter what the US embassy says, about legal aliens living in the states. They grant the affidavit for sure, but it is not acceptable to the Thai Ministry. Sorry green card holders that is wasted money!)

Please check with your embassy ahead of time to assure there is no problem getting the affidavit on arrival and what documents they will require.

 "All photographs, artwork, text and code appearing on the or
website(s) are the exclusive property of and are protected under Thailand, United States and International Copyright Laws.

"Photographs, artwork, text and code may not be reproduced, copied, stored, or manipulated in any form without the written permission of the respective photographers,artists or web master. This includes use of any image as part of another photographic concept or illustration.or website. No image or any part of this site is within public domain."

Copy righted 1999-2005